Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Music To My Ears (Edited).

(i decided to re-do "the seven" songs list because i realized how sugarcoated the last list was.)

1. Musiq Soulchild - HalfCrazy.mp3
every time i hear this track i can't help but think of my ex boyfriend because the lyrics describe exactly how i feel for him and the friendship that i miss.


"never thought that we would be more than friends
now i'm all confused because for you i have deeper feelings
we both thought it was cool to cross the line and i was convinced it would be alright
now things are strange, nothing is the same and really i just want my friend back"

2. Amerie - Paint Me Over.mp3
my last relationship left me feeling like i had lost a part of myself because i had given up so much for the sake of "us". i listen to this song daily to remind myself that things happen for a reason and despite the fact that i still care, i have to look out for my best interest and maintain my strength.

"i close my eyes and memorize the girl that i was before there was us"

3. Musiq Soulchild - Where You Are (Is Where I Wanna Be).mp3
its funny how listening to a song can really make you miss a person. i get that feeling with this track.

"being apart got the best of me
and i know that in life there are no guarantees
please say that you still got love for me because i am missing home"

4. Lauryn Hill - I Get Out.mp3
powerful song with a powerful message.

"you just want to use me
you say love then abuse me"

5. Ashanti - Scared.mp3
exactly how i feel when it comes to meeting new guys that say they are nothing like the rest.

"got me afraid to let my heart go"

6. Dwele - Open Your Eyes.mp3
beautiful remake of the original. i had it dedicated to me by my exboyfriend and ever since then i've been madly in love with the song. particularly this version.

"open your eyes
you may never find a love thats right"

7. Donell Jones - My Apology.mp3
I really love "The Journey of A Gemini" album.

No comments: