Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Garbage Today, Memory Tomorrow.

About a week ago i threw away the bag of things that represented the relationship i had with him.

I felt no personal connection to the bag. Nope, not even the slightest bit of remorse. It was just garbage for the garbage man to pick up the next morning. It was in that moment that i realized i was finally letting go of the entire situation.

Its true what they say, time heals everything.

When we first broke up, i was devistated and about two weeks later i became extremely bitter. i wanted to hold on to that bag the same way i wanted to hold on to "us". The bag represented us and what i wanted back so badly.

I never got it back. The bag is gone. I'm okay. I've let it all go.

2 comments:

fgfdgfd said...

I loooooove this one. You're so right. And good for you for letting go of him and his dusty shit. <3

SistaSocialite said...

That's right GIRL POWER :) I'm glad you feel better!